Indonesia

Indonesia
BATU, Indonesia. Photo by Jes Aznar

Monday, January 29, 2007

babies

I had the honor of being chosen as a sponsor or ninang to a colleague's son last Sunday. It was my first time to really attend a baptism ceremony because in the past, I only learned later on that I was one of the sponsors.

It was a mass baptism and there were babies everywhere. It's very humanizing, amazing, genuinely wonderful but scary. Ninongs and ninangs were everywhere. Looking back now, I wonder where my ninongs and ninangs are. I haven't seen them except for one who has been there for me in good and bad times.

It's a big world out there. The babies I saw last Sunday would soon be making their individual journeys in this big and crazy universe. I hope they make it with their parents and godparents by their side. I hope I'd be the ninang that my godson would need.

Cheers to the all the babies of this world and those who are yet to come!