Indonesia

Indonesia
BATU, Indonesia. Photo by Jes Aznar

Monday, March 23, 2009

Dr. Ludan, the doctors' doctor.

At the doctor's clinic this morning, a mother's face is a picture of worry and anxiety. Her two-year old son's organ is swollen and she doesn't have the slightest clue why or what to do.

The other mother is a bit worried, too but not as anxious as the other one. Her son has a minor eye irritation and she's wondering what it could be.

As for me, I was beyond worried. Was in so much pain just thinking about how my little girl cried last night when she tried to urinate. She was grimacing in pain so much that all I could do was hide in the bathroom and cry, too. I wish I knew what to do. I wish I knew how to comfort her. I wish my embrace was enough to take away her extreme difficulty.

I panicked. I almost rushed her to the emergency room last night. Then I calmed down. I thought that the family's ever-reliable and passionate Dr. Art Ludan would be the better option. He would know what to do. He would always be ready with an answer.

And as always, as I had expected, yes he did have a solution to my little girl's problem.

I'm lucky that Doctor Ludan -- also the pediatrician of my childhood -- hasn't retired yet. Mothers don't always know what to do. But doctors like him, do. Thank you very much.